AH PAW Calming Lick Pads are flat mats designed for your pet to lick, over and over. They are coated with ridges and bristles that encourage licking. Since they are flat, your pet is not able to grab the food with his teeth and must use his tongue instead. The result makes for a much longer feeding.
Many benefits of AH PAW Calming Lick Pad:
- Endorphin Release: The act of licking is pleasurable for your pet. It releases endorphins, the happiness hormone, helping calm and soothe your pet. AH PAW Calming Lick Pad redirects this habit into a productive activity.
- Calm & Soothe: When your pet finds themselves in a stressful situation, like going to the groomer, bathing at home, visiting a new place, meeting a new human, or just home alone, AH PAW Calming Lick Pad becomes a healthy distraction.
- Slows Eating & Improves Digestion: We all know how we feel after woofing down our dinner (hello bloat!), our pets are no exception. The longer your pet takes to eat, the better their digestion. In addition, the action of licking created by AH PAW Calming Lick Pad, encourages the production of saliva which aids in the breakdown of food.
- Supports Oral Health: The grooves and soft bristles on an AH PAW Calming Lick Pad helps scrape your pet’s tongue, cleaning it and removing particles and bacteria. This ultimately helps to improve your pet’s oral health. The licking action and production of saliva also help keep gums and teeth healthy.
Best Foods to Use with AH PAW Calming Lick Pad:
- Wet food
- Minced meat
- Peanut butter
- Canned fish (sardines, salmon)
- Pureed vegetables (pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots)
- Bone broth
- If you’re after a longer lick, choose a stickier texture such as peanut butter, or place your mat in the freezer.
- Promotes calming, soothing, relief for your anxious pet
- Slows eating and improves digestion
- Supports oral health
- BPA-free Food-grade silicone
- 42 powerful suction cups attach to any smooth, clean surface
- Dishwasher Safe
- Large size
- 4 fun colors
- 2 Pads in every order